Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Freedom!

Guess what, everybody? Yesterday Mama put my SureSteps and my shoes on my feet and then she opened the front door. Isaiah stepped out first, and then Mama let me get closer and closer to the door. I stuck my foot out and she didn't stop me. I stuck the other foot out and stepped down onto the sidewalk and...wahooooo! I was out! Out! Isaiah and Mama took me outside for my first real walk. We didn't wear coats or hats. I even worked hard enough to wiggle my fingers away from their hands. I walked all the way around the cul-de-sac (they think I don't know that word) by myself! I didn't fall down once (although I took a tumble in the kitchen later and got a big bump on my forehead). Mama made me furious when she picked me up and carried me back inside the house. I'll keep watch by the front door...hoping to taste that sweet spring air again soon. POP! (There goes that bubble...)

No comments:

Post a Comment