
'Twas the night before Kindergarten and you ran through the house
Put on your pajamas and laid out your new clothes
Your backpack was hung by the front door with care
Ready for the school bus that soon would be here
Dad read two bedtime stories about school, friends and fun
Then a drink of water and stuffed animals - you tucked in each one
We said prayers together for a safe and fun school year
You lay down on your pillow, hands folded under your ear
I just can't believe how it's all happened in a flash
Two years of preschool went past in a dash
We're proud of you, Isaiah, our five-year-old boy
So loving, so funny, so smart, so much joy
I know you'll do well as you venture on out
I'll be here waiting, trying not to pout
And when you come home I can't wait to hear
How much fun you had at the start of this year
*Note: In the photo above, Isaiah is holding a special coin that he earned for saying his bible verse at Sunday school. Yesterday the four of us attended church together for the first time ever. Not the first time to church, but the first time TOGETHER, all four of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment