Friday, May 9, 2008

Thinking Inside The Box




Our rainy day in May was plain, so plain, until we brought the cardboard box in from the garage and pulled out some plastic milk and juice caps we've been saving. Grab the tape and crayons and next thing ya know we have our own cardboard TV. We got a lot fancier (more fancy?...I think I used to be a teacher?) than Mr. Rogers when he built one a few weeks ago - no offense. If you look close enough you can see that Isaiah named his creation, "Isaiah's Super Laughing Show" and if you zoom in real tight you can see the "on" and "off" knobs...I thought I'd be Cool Mom and wrote "ON" with a red crayon and taped it on the cap. Then Isaiah came over and said, "I'll do 'OFF', O-F-F", and proceeded to actually write the word with his crayon. He wrote a word. He wrote a word!!!!!!!! All the letters were formed correctly and the word was spelled correctly. Aagh!!!! Oh, how insignificant unto thee, except for that thee is his mother and had never before witnessed such an event from her first-born! He can spell, Pa, he can spell!

The second photo is after Isaiah ripped off all the paper, tape and caps - translation: Mom, I can't believe we just had all this fun together and now you have to go give my brother a bath and pay attention to him instead of me!! Now the box is a race car.

Photo #3: The realization that we must dis-assemble the baby swing now that Caleb has accomplished sitting up and leaning out the side of the swing...ooh, danger, danger. Now that his head circumference is large enough to be on the growth chart (YEAAH!!!), he thinks he's all cool and big stuff and trying to jump out of the swing he's strapped in.

And finally, Photo #4: After "Fun With A Box", and movie night with pizza and too much fruit punch (it's 100% juice, I promise), crazed-boy-wonder eagerly awaits M&M cookies fresh from the oven (Great Grandma's recipe...nothin' like it).

It was a good day.
P.S. Yes, Caleb had a good report at the doctor's office this week...he's still working on getting the gunk out of his lungs since surgery, but has for the first time ever in eleven months, made it to the growth curve, albeit for head circumference and not length or weight YET...however, this is the most important curve to be on FIRST, and then the others will follow. Pretty soon he will be spelling "OFF" just like his big brother. Tee hee hee...Oh, and how could I forget?! Caleb's surgeon said all is well...we are DONE! I was turning to walk out of his office and Joshua said, "Hey, Jennie...victory!" Signing off with each doctor, one by one...yes, victory. Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment