We're having fun making the house our own now that we're settled in. The blinds in the bedrooms and kitchen have really helped keep the heat out on these hot summer days. So glad we went ahead with those. I really like the new light fixture Joshua installed in the kitchen eating area. Here is what it replaced:
My I-Had-No-Idea-You-Were-Such-A-Handyman husband also installed a new thermostat. I was nervous to see the mercury thingy in the wall behind the old thermostat. That's gone. We're supposedly more energy efficient now.
The Handyman Hubs and The Father-In-Law put in this ceiling fan/light. There weren't any ceiling fans on the main floor. It makes quite a difference - no more stuffy air in the family room. Somehow we also managed to kind of coordinate the ceiling fan and the new kitchen light fixture. I'm not trying out for HGTV or anything. Any ideas on what to do with the fake gas fireplace insert and matching columns? I kind of want to get rid of them. We have the whole two-competing-focal-points problem with the fireplace and the tv. Can't wait to get the painting done. I want to use The Nester's Tobacco Road for this room and the kitchen.

No comments:
Post a Comment