Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great Things, Edition 2

I'm here. And I remembered to continue on with the "Great Things" weekly post. Here are some great things from this week:

1. finally having two healthy boys after two weeks, four trips to the pediatrician's office, one chest x-ray, two prescriptions, countless breathing treatments, and one tired mama

2. a husband who can come home for lunch sometimes

3. beautiful, comfortable fall weather

4. going shopping for new jeans and long-sleeved shirts because of #3

5. the first drink of apple cider in the fall

6. picking pumpkins at Devine Farms

7. a Saturday morning with my sister over Starbucks and a Raspberry Danish

8. laughing so hard I cried

9. being able to fit inside the barrel train with my kids at Devine Farms and not caring if anyone saw me riding in a barrel train

10. ordering pizza delivery because it is a school fundraiser

The past two weeks have been crazy! I think I've had a headache for two-thirds of it. But sitting down to type this list has made me realize that there sure have been some great things in among all of the craziness.

And now I'm off to enjoy some chocolate from my secret stash before Boy Wonder wakes up from his nap and Captain Kindergarten gets home from school. Aah, the little things!

2 comments:

  1. I love coming home for a quick bite and seeing my favorite folks. We are enjoying every bit of summer and now the fun of fall. Missing the summer and fall of 2007 with our premie, helps us appreciate things more now. Life is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love this weekly theme post. Helps me to be more grateful in my own day. Thanks for that. I am still not over the danish. It was soooo good! I am glad the boys are better and hopefully you and Josh stay well. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete