Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walk-A-Thon

Last week our family participated in our first elementary school event, a walk-a-thon to raise money for new playground equipment. Isaiah was all about hydrating before the big walk with his new school sipper.

The Sizemores take a break half-way around the walking path.


Caleb had it rough here in the shady stroller as Grandpa pushed him around several laps.

After four laps, Isaiah was ready to redeem his tickets for snacks and prizes.




Thanks to the PTO for the wonderfully organized event, complete with water bottles, snacks and prizes for the students. Hopefully there's some money left over for the playground equipment. Thanks to Grandma for capturing the day in photos. And thank you to our generous family members who sponsored Isaiah's four laps around the walking path. It's more than I would have done in kindergarten...as I told Mom, I would have been sitting on the playground crying and watching the other kids have fun. I've come a long way. Thankfully it was a walk-a-thon and not a jump-rope-a-thon.





3 comments:

  1. Glad to see Isaiah is joining in the fun at his new school. From the pictures it looked like a picture perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love events like this. Every year the elementary school here does the "Bash N' Dash." They have a big festival in the parking lot and there is a 1 mile fun run and a 5K through the neighborhood around the school. Last year the whole family did the fun run. Let's just say some of us finished faster than others and I am definitely not in as good of shape as I was back in high school. :) It looks like you all had a beautiful day! Way to go Isaiah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to mail out my check! Agh! Please tell Isaiah we are proud of him for doing this and I apologize for my delinquent check. Will mail today!!! Love, Aunt Addie

    ReplyDelete