I love, love, love that Captain Kindergarten is now writing! And he's excited about it to boot.
Last week the first drawing that came home said GOF PUT PUT! (That's right, "Putt Putt Golf")
And then a beautiful sketch of our family at a bowling alley with STRIK at the top.
(I should really scan these drawings so you can see them.)
He could tell I was proud and asked if I wanted him to write the names of some states.
"Sure! Let's get the notebook and a pencil."
Carefully, sounding out each piece of the word...CLiFONY! (I think the lower case "I" must be due to the short vowel sound.)
Next...FLRDU! OHIO! (Score!)
Naturally, MiSiGiN came next, now that we're really getting good at being Buckeye fans.
Then...HALOHA and finally GORGU!
Use your best phonics skills to decode the state names, then check your answers below. (I have graded way too many language worksheets in my past.)
Happy Columbus Day. I got you the same thing I got you last year, only purple.
**********************************************************
Answers to "Guess The State Names" quiz:
California (who needs "IA" when a "Y" makes the "yuh" sound?)
Florida
Ohio
Michigan
Aloha (Hawaii)
Georgia (he really has something against "IA", doesn't he?)
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment